Monday, November 19, 2007

A Theme-Park Thanksgiving Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this day, as my family and I visit one of the happiest places on Earth. Today, the weather is a perfect 79 degrees with a breeze.

Please excuse me for ramming my stroller into that nice manager lady. I could tell it hurt her, but she managed to hold back tears as she pin-traded with my son.

Please help me to get a restaurant reservation for Thanksgiving dinner tonight...I know I didn't call ahead, but I didn't realize the park would be BUSY!!??!!...I thought people would be at home, eating Turkey where they belong! I really wouldn't want to offer up tonight's prayer over a Turkey Leg and french fries, but I will if I have to.

Please grant us a wish. Any wish. Ears, those lanyard thingeys...or a stay in the Castle. I really don't care which...just ANY of them. My cousin will be jealous! (ok, that's not why...well yes it is, but that can be between you and me.)

Please please please please don't let my daughter find out that they have a beauty salon in the castle!

Please grant Grandma and Uncle Joe the strength to get through the park without an ECV. They lost their driver's licenses for a reason you know. You were there.

Please give the baby the foresight not to drop her sippy cup in the middle of the parade crowds. You know she won't drink from any other cup, and this is HER LAST ONE.

Lastly Lord...please let me give my thanks to all these wonderful Cast Members/Employees who are working today. I know it must be hard being away from their family on this holiday, but it sure is nice of them to take care of mine.

~Guest (as reported by JK)

No comments: